The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is such a hot topic these days. Is it all just hype? Or is it really as revolutionary as they say? That’s a choice that can only be made with a bit of education on the subject, so Okuma’s Jeff Estes has started a new video series called “Industrial Internet of Things – Just the Basics.” The goal is to provide a high level understanding of what’s possible when using IIoT in the machine tool world, and here are the first two videos in the series.
IIoT – Just the Basics Part 1: Introduction
Watch this introductory video to understand:
- A basic definition of IIoT
- How and why devices are connected
- The huge benefit of bi-directional communication
- What types of data get shared, and why
IIoT – Just the Basics Part 2: The Connections
In Part 2 of this video series we learn what types of devices can be connected and what kinds of information can be collected.
- Real-time operations monitoring
- Metrology, for quality monitoring
- CAM and traceability
- Health of the machine
There’s more to come, so stay tuned for future episodes in this series.