Okuma’s GA26W Grinder is Equipped with the Intelligent OSP-P300G Control
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (May 22, 2019) – Okuma’s GA26W high speed, compact grinder is equipped with the intelligent OSP-P300G CNC control. Okuma’s open architecture OSP-P control runs on a Windows®-basedplatform and fully integrates the machine, motors, drives and encoders, allowing for enhanced machine performance and true customization to suit particular machining needs. The Easy Operation control and touch screen increase efficiency by letting users easily and quickly toggle between machine operations, programming and wheel preparation screens.
The innovative wheelhead traverse structure gives this CNC grinder a solid, compact footprint that saves valuable floor space while the user-friendly design allows various workpieces to be loaded effortlessly for easy automation in high production environments. The extremely rigid foundation paired with Okuma’s hydrodynamic wheel spindle allows for heavy-duty grinding.
The GA26W is equipped with standard chatter control function that automatically adjusts wheel speed for accurate, stable machining. The powerful 7.5kW (15kW-optional) grinding wheel spindle is ideal for grinding mass produced parts with precision.
Key features and benefits of the GA26W:
- Easy Operation OSP-P300G control
- IGAP+ Conversational programming
- Large 610mm(24”) grinding wheel
- Tailstock quill stroke 50 mm
- Wheel spindle motor: 7.5 kW (10 hp) [15 kW(20hp) option]
- High feed rates X-axis ø30 m/min; Z-axis: 20 m/min
- Superior rigidity for powerful grinding
- Variety of loader patterns for easy automation